College of Business Dean Search
The Dean is the chief academic and administrative officer, providing leadership for the strategic, programmatic, financial, fundraising, and management operations that support the mission of the College of Business and its role within the University. The Dean maintains a collegial climate supportive of excellence in teaching, research, and professional integrity. The Dean reports directly to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Chief Academic Officer.
We invite you to learn more about Nebraska, the College of Business and the Dean position.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln, a member of the Big Ten Conference and the Big Ten Academic Alliance, is classified within the Carnegie “R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity” category and is a land-grant university.
The University is located in a vibrant and safe city of 273,000 people that has many of the cultural and entertainment benefits of a much larger city, with the feel of a friendly Midwestern community.
The College of Business
A founding member of and accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the College of Business educates more than 4,200 future business leaders. The Dean will have significant opportunities building on double-digit growth in student enrollment, new programs, aggressive faculty and staff hiring, and a new $84 million dollar, privately-funded state-of-the-art building, which opened in August 2017. Keep reading...
College of Business Departments
Dean, College of Law
Richard & Catherine Schmoker Professor of Law
- Tyrone Fahie | Internal API Product Manager, TD Ameritrade, Dean’s Young Alumni Advisory Board Member
- Samantha Fairclough | Assistant Professor of Practice of Management and Associate Director, Center for Entrepreneurship
- Megan Friesen | Assistant Director of Academic Success and Advising, College of Business
- Alok Kumar | Associate Professor of Marketing
- Rachel Larson | Director of Career Services, College of Business
- Yijia Lin | N.Z. Snell Life Insurance Professor of Finance
- Jake Messersmith | Associate Professor of Management and Executive Director of Graduate Programs
- Jenna Pieper | Assistant Professor of Management
- Tyrell Ross | Assistant Financial Manager
- Jennifer Ryan | Professor and Chair of Department of Supply Chain Management & Analytics
- David Smith | Deloitte & Touche Scholar and Raymond C. Dein Professor of Accountancy
- Lisa Smith | Senior Vice President, D.A. Davidson & Co., Dean’s Advisory Board Member
- Eric Thompson | Marshall Associate Professor of Economics and Director of Bureau of Business Research
- Greg Dittman | Undergraduate Student, Accounting
- Joel Bugayong | Graduate Student, MBA
The Dean will join a very collaborative and supportive group of colleagues at a time when the University is enjoying a strong positive trajectory and the College is well positioned with a strong and engaged faculty and ambitious students.
The Candidate Profile
Candidates should have an outstanding academic record, an abiding commitment to excellence in undergraduate, graduate and professional education, as well as research; the ability to collaborate effectively; the skill to develop a purposeful and compelling strategy; and possess key leadership characteristics.
How to Apply
The Search Committee will begin reviewing candidates October 6, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should go to employment.unl.edu and search positions using requisition number F_170073, click on "Apply to this Job" and complete the form.
The University of Nebraska is committed to a pluralistic campus community through affirmative action, equal opportunity, work-life balance and dual careers. See: http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination