Faculty Resources for Work-Life Balance
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a number of policies and resources that promote work-life balance. The University wishes to be supportive of faculty who need time off for personal reasons, approved professional development, or academic reasons.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the City of Lincoln offer a variety of childcare and parenting resources.
- UNL Children's Center
- Ruth Staples Child Development Laboratory
- Lincoln Child Care Resources
- Parenting: Programs are available throughout Nebraska to help meet the needs of families and children.
- UNL Lactation Support Program Policy
- Deciding to be a Caregiver: Eldercare
- The Care Givers Support Group is designed to provide opportunities for participants to gain information, understanding, and support from others experiencing similar situations concerning aging parents.
Health and Wellness
Memberships are available for faculty at the University Campus Recreation Center. The wellness initiative offers additional programs and opportunities on campus.
- Campus Recreation Center
- Work toward a balanced lifestyle with a variety of resources through the Wellness Initiative