College of Engineering Dean Search
The Dean provides intellectual, strategic, and visionary leadership for the College of Engineering. The Dean serves as the public voice, developing the reputation of the College on the national and international stages, and within the profession and private industry. As the only engineering college in the state of Nebraska, the College contributes significantly to the STEM workforce needs of the state.
We invite you to learn more about Nebraska, the College of Engineering and the Dean position.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln, a member of the Big Ten Conference and the Big Ten Academic Alliance, is classified within the Carnegie “R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity” category and is a land-grant university.
The University is located in a vibrant and safe city of 273,000 people that has many of the cultural and entertainment benefits of a much larger city, with the feel of a friendly Midwestern community.
The College of Engineering
College of Engineering Programs
Biological Systems Engineering | Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering | Civil Engineering | Computer Science & Engineering | Durham School of Architectural Engineering & Construction | Electrical & Computer Engineering | Mechanical & Materials Engineering
James Jr. and Susan Stuart Dean,
College of Business
- Dennis Alexander | Kingery Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Milunka Brajic | Administrative Coordinator, Civil Engineering
- Carrick Detweiler | Computer Science and Engineering
- Ece Erdogmus | Professor, Durham School of Architectural Engineering and Construction
- Deepak Keshwani | Associate Professor, Biological Systems Engineering
- Dan Linzell | Voelte Keegan Professor and Chair, Civil Engineering
- Alma Ramirez-Rodgers | Senior Assistant Director of Student Development, Engineering Student Services
- Ravi Saraf | Lowell E. and Betty L. Anderson Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Hamid Sharif-Kashani | Charles J. Vranek Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Eli Sutter | Professor, Mechanical and Materials Engineering
- Li Tan | Associate Professor, Mechanical and Materials Engineering; Faculty Senate Representative
- Donald Voelte, Jr. | College of Engineering Advisory Board
- Ken West | DLR Group, College of Engineering Advisory Board
- Ben Stodola | Undergraduate Student, Architectural Engineering
- Luz Sotelo | Graduate Student, Mechanical and Materials Engineering
The Dean will join a visionary and collaborative campus leadership team at a time when the University is enjoying a strong positive trajectory. The College is also well positioned for success with ambitious faculty, staff and students and committed alumni and external stakeholders.
The Candidate Profile
Candidates should have an outstanding academic record, an abiding commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and research; the ability to collaborate effectively; the skill to develop a purposeful and compelling strategy; and possess key leadership characteristics.
How to Apply
The Search Committee will begin reviewing candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Priority consideration will be given to those materials received by 12 p.m. CST on Friday, March 9, 2018. Applicants should go to https://employment.unl.edu and search positions using requisition number F_180009, click on "Apply to this Job" and complete the form.
The University of Nebraska is committed to a pluralistic campus community through affirmative action, equal opportunity, work-life balance and dual careers. See: http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination